Written by Conni Biesalski. Follow me on Twitter.
After a lot of hard work and a crazy steep learning curve, I am happy to finally present to you A LIFE OF BLUE!
A Life of Blue is a digital safe haven of strategies and solutions for unconventional lifestyle designs that ignore rules and challenge the status quo – in life, work, and travel.
After long years of testing and experimenting, it is time for me to spread the word: You don’t have to conform to the masses. (You can read more about this, me and A Life of Blue on the About page – in fact, go on and do that now, I’ll wait till you come back)
Why Am I Doing This?
Once I dived into the blogosphere sometime early September of this year, I couldn’t find the exit anymore. I was sucked in. I realised that there are people out there who share my lifestyle, my thoughts, my values. I had one ‘Ah!’ moment after another.
I love writing, I love meeting people, I love the digital world, I love graphic design (studied it for a while years ago) – Then, I started to think big. The Internet levels the platform of public discourse. I realised, I can use my experience, take a megaphone (blog) and shout my message out there to help and support people, and grow a community, start a movement.
So after months of continuous research, here we are. Three months later.
My Goals For A LIFE OF BLUE
No need to keep you in the dark about where I want to take this blog. I am a great supporter of transparency and wish more people and businesses would adhere to it.
- I plan to post twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. After January 2012, this will increase to three times a week, with the aim to experiment with writing and publishing daily.
- By mid- to late-2012 I would like to see a lot of engaged readers. It is hard to put a number on it at this point, but I’m confident that I can reach 1000 Email and RSS subscribers. I will keep you guys updated on that.
- This is and always will be a ad-free blog. I hate ads and they would only distract you from what’s important. However, I will use a mild form of affiliate marketing exclusively for products that I have used and tested, and would recommend to you anyway. (It means that I get a small share when you purchase those products through the links I provide. Sort of like beer / coffee money. It would help keeping this blog alive.)
- I will publish a free manifesto in the form of an ebook in the next few months.
- Starting 2012, I also plan to create products, such as ebooks, based on your, the readers’, interests and needs. I aim to give you what YOU want, not what I want. (That would be foolish!). I have lots of ideas, but I will involve you, the A Life of Blue audience, into the process of deciding which ones actually make it on paper.
How You Can Help Me and the A LIFE OF BLUE Movement?
Spread the word. Share posts you like with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or the social network of your choice. And sign up to my newsletter to stay up to day on the developments here.
Your support means the world to me.
Sidenote: Personal Goals
I am leaving my current temporary job at a PR company at the end of January 2012. That will give me a few months to fully dedicate myself to this blog and also a few other projects, before leaving Germany again for Indonesia in May 2012. I might also offer my services and skills over here once I have more time.
If you want to know more about this blog and me, go over to the About page! (If you haven’t yet!)
So thanks so much visiting and reading. If you want to get in touch and connect with me on other social networks, you can do this here:
Or shoot me an email over here! (100% Reply Guarantee)
Let’s have a drink now! (I surely need one :))
Thanks for reading all of this! If you’re interested in being notified every time I post something new, feel free to sign up here to receive updates in your email or RSS.
Oh, and please tell your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. It’s the best way to support me and my blog! Thanks a bunch!