Resound = to become filled with sound.
Reverb was initially started by Gwen Bell as a community blog project in 2009, which she further developed with Kaileen Elise and Cali Harris in 2010. With daily prompts through the month of December, bloggers reflected on the past year and looked ahead through writing.
However, this year, they won’t be hosting it officially, so they passed on the idea to their fellow bloggers to host their own reverb. I joined Resound 2011 (#resound11 on Twitter) and am excited to give it a go, starting tomorrow, December 1st 2011 until December 31st 2011. Thank you Jaemie Gyurik for setting this up!
(Reverb = An effect whereby the sound produced by an amplifier or an amplified musical instrument is made to reverberate slightly. Basically, it is a continuous reflection of sound waves.)
Coming to the end of 2011, it is my personal reflection of a year lived. By creating 31 prompts, answering one for each day of the way with a blogpost, it is a great way to look back, dig down and also look ahead.
My 31 prompts:
- Where did 2011 begin?
- What is one word to describe 2011? Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
- What would you do differently?
- What are you most grateful for this year?
- When did you struggle?
- What did you learn?
- Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year? Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
- What or whom did you let go of this year? Why?
- Where have you been this year?
- What new skill have mastered, what new knowledge gained?
- What is the best thing you learned about yourself this year? How are you going to apply this lesson going forward
- Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2011 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2011.
- What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2012? How will go about eliminating them?
- What was the wisest and dumbest decision you made this year? How did it play out?
- What are 10 things you really want to do or achieve in 2012?
- If you could chose a word for your 2012, what would it be and why?
- What was one remarkable night out in 2011?
- If you were granted one wish for 2012, which one would that be?
- What were your top three priorities in 2011? Are they likely to shift in 2012?
- What books did you read?
- When did you feel the most relaxed?
- Where and on what did you spend money?
- Who and/or what did you miss?
- Where do you hope to be on December 31st 2012?
- What or who surprised you?
- Who or what touched your heart?
- When did you cry?
- What worries you about 2012?
- What are you really sure about when you think of 2012?
- What do you want less of in 2012?
- What do you want more of in 2012?