A couple weeks ago I celebrated my one-year location-independent self-employment anniversary.
I spent part of the year in Berlin, a while in Southeast Asia and a couple months in Mexico.
I love it. I couldn’t imagine a better lifestyle.
2013 will and has already been very exciting.
I mean, let’s be honest, whoever has been following this blog for a while, knows the shit I went through last year. However, I can now proudly say that I’m over it. My trip to Mexico helped aaaaaaa lot. Being focused on my businesses also helped a lot.
I can’t even believe all the things that went down in the last 12 months. Crazy. But no matter, whether good or bad, I’m so thankful for all of them. They brought me to the road I am on today, right this minute.
A few things I accomplished in the last 12-14 months:
- quite my first grown-up job after 8 months and went freelance.
- set up a German backpacking world travel blog and build it to 15.000 unique readers a month and almost 2000 Facebook fans in 9 months. It makes it one of the most popular travel blogs in Germany. I make decent money off it and am cooperating with tour operators and tourist boards.
- overcoming my biggest heartache ever and getting my life back on track.
- set up a new life in Berlin, including new friends, new apartment.
- went digital nomading in Indonesia, Thailand and Mexico.
- Overcame my fear of traveling solo again.
- starting to create an Internet startup from scratch with awesome people (brand new, working on the pitch for investors as I type)
- set up a project called Blog Camp, with which we teach people how to become professional bloggers during workshops. Held our first blog camp here in Berlin beginning of March this year. Went for 5 days and we had a blast and got amazing feedback. Next one is scheduled for end of April.
- attended my first huge travel conference, ITB, and it turned out super successful for me and my blog.
- had my second coming out. This time, a personal one, being single.
- wrote and published a free e-book beginning of February this year. It has been downloaded almost 2.000 times so far.
- changed many people’s lives by the work I’m doing.
- Met looooads of people and made many new friends traveling and here in Berlin.
- feeling happy about myself, my work, my life, my plans.
There is so much more to come and I’m really excited about life every day.
So instead of rambling on in text about all the things I have done even more, I decided to fill you in visually.
So sit back and relax. Get a coffee, grab a beer or light a cigarette.
Here is my digital nomad porn:
Sorry for a bit of bad quality. But hey, I think you get the gist, right?
How and where would you like to live your digital nomad life? Do you have any questions on how to become one?