What's your story?
What makes you, you?
Life should be lived like a great story, people. You know, the one that you, yourself, would enjoy reading about, telling your friends and the world about. One that gives you goosebumps.
What makes an exciting story? What makes a story a story worth telling?
Great stories often include dramas, highs and lows, tears and sweat. (Let's not deny that)
Great stories don’t include repetition. They don’t repeat the same thing within them and they don’t repeat other stories.
Imagine a story where the same thing happens over and over again. You’d probably stop reading. Boring.
Great stories are different from what’s out there. They are unique, colorful and incredible. They 'Wow' you.
When I overcome my fears or try new things, I enrich my life by making it a story to tell.
Every time I’ve…
- packed my bags, said goodbye to loved ones and jumped on another plane to move to a new place or travel the world,
- tried something new (like starting this blog)
- followed my dreams (like becoming a scuba dive instructor)
- made an important decision (to never ever take up grown-up employment / soul-sucking jobs again in my life)
…I walked into the unknown. And I continue to do so.
Scary? You bet 'cha.
But I, myself, have been writing my story. I am putting myself in control of what story I am going to tell my grandchildren later.
It’s been worth it. Over and over and over again.
No regrets. But a lot of stories to tell.
No idea how to live your life like a great story?
- Go out there and experiment.
- Make crazy decisions.
- Take risks.
- Do something you have never done before.
- Start a business around your passions.
- Walk across your country (or just across our own boundaries).
- Do the unconventional, the unexpected, the abnormal, the unrealistic.
- Run a marathon.
- Step out of the closet.
- Do something silly.
- Shoot that documentary.
Just DO something. Step up for who you are and what you believe in. That alone will put you in the director’s seat of YOUR OWN UNIQUE STORY. It’s happening in realtime, it’s live, it’s now. Go live it.
Wanna help and support my blog? Share this blogpost on the social media plattform of your choice! It would mean a lot.